ODEON Woolwich

In the former Naval industrial town of Woolwich, close to the foot tunnel under the Thames and the ferry crossing, is the ODEON Woolwich. Designed by George Coles and opened in 1937, it has lived three lives. As an ODEON until 1981, the Coronet until 1999, and now as the New Wine Church. The building's magnificent facade is still impressive and modern 81 years later.

Read More

Trinity Road (Tooting Bec)

Trinity Road station (Tooting Bec since 1950) was designed by Charles Holden and opened in 1926 as part of the Morden extension of the City & South London Railway. This is the east entrance to the station which was unusual for being so narrow and for having three large glazed roundels on the top tier.

Read More